Thursday, November 16, 2006

PS3...wtf??!?!??!

So, the long-anticipated release of the PS3 is tomorrow morning. Throughout this nation, there are thousands of anxious....entrepreneurs....lined up, camping out to buy one. Yes, I said entrepreneurs, not gamers. That's right, kids, hardly a one gamer has the chance at a new PS3 for its actual retail price. It seems that 90% of those buying them are going to turn around and sell them on eBay. Why is it that no one wants it bad enough to stand in line for two days, but they'll go on eBay and pay $10 grand, plus, to get a $700 machine?

Check out this listing.

It's bloody insane; I could pay off my credit cards by buying and reselling one of these. However, it would be hard for me to give it up if I managed to actually get my hands on one. But, then again, if I simply have the willpower to wait a little longer to play it, I can buy one later and still have money left over. Anyway, happy gaming; hope the 10 g's is worth it...

UPDATE: After my original posting above, I refreshed the eBay listing and the $10,000 changed to $5,700...not sure what happened, but I guarantee my screen said $10,000. $5,700 is still exorbitant.

UPDATE2: It was a "bogus bid"...so good luck to anyone trying to bid on one of these with 0 feedback, they might consider you a "bogus bid"!

Peace,

Alphadork

No comments: