Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Control

I do not consider myself a 'control freak'. I am usually quite laid-back and often allow others to run the show. I am also usually incredibly patient. Therefore, I find it interesting how stressed and anxious I can become over certain things that are just beyond my control and require waiting. I am feeling particularly bad today because two such items that I feel to be significant have arisen.

I cannot explain how frustrated I have been with my health insurance...my company changed insurance at the beginning of this year to save us money on our premiums, which initially meant my deductible was going up; but this also meant my frustration would as well. From delays to denied claims because of their errors, it has been one thing after another. The latest is a situation in which my employer deposits some money to pay a portion of my deductible, for which I have filed a claim for reimbursement since I have paid the entire deductible myself. I received a denial letter because I am "not enrolled," so now I must wait for someone else to get this cleared up...

The second thing is a series of comments written and some body language that cause me extra concern for someone "in need of forgiveness." However, due to schedules, I must wait...

On another note about frustrations (is when I need to vent the only time I feel compelled to write??): I recently received notice from my auto insurance that subrogation for my accident exactly one year ago has finally been finalized through arbitration. The result: 50% paid by each company, thus I got a check for 50% of my deductible back. I really feel I should have received it all, but just about everything in the situation was working against me...you would think it to be a simple open and shut case when a person pulls out in front of another who has right-of-way and they collide, but I guess the fact that she was more attractive than me and had friends in tow, whereas I was alone, meant that all of the blame could not be hers. Oh well, what's done is done...I can close that chapter and consider it lesson learned.

On a happier note: the Cardinals won the fucking World Series, bitches!!! I went to a game, and it was one of the best things I have done in my life! Woohoo!

Peace,

Alphadork

No comments: