Monday, November 06, 2006

I Loves Me Some Good Music

I've been enjoying a bit of good music lately. I bought some new CDs...got B.B. King & Friends and Beck - The Information. Both are very good albums. Oh, I also got The John Popper Project for the wife, also a very good (and very interesting) album.

I also went to a couple of concerts during the last week. B.B. King came to town, so I went to see that show and am very happy I did. He is an excellent performer, and also a fantastic story teller. Even if you are not a fan of the blues, if you appreciate good music and ever have the opportunity to see B.B. King in concert, do so...it is an experience you will not regret.

I also got to see Ben Folds. I think this was my third or fourth time...it's always a good show. I truly enjoy his music, and enjoy his performances even more. He had recently purchased a little red synthesizer and was having quite a bit of fun with it. "Hold on, I have to do some scientific shit that's over your head. This thing...wait, let me tell you,...[looks closely at synth, apparently counting something]...this thing has 25, 26 knobs on it...it cost roughly $2600, and it has 26 knobs, so I guess it's about $100 a knob".

On a final note, I recenly received Final Fantasy XII for my PS2 as a gift from my WONDERFUL wife. All I want to do right now is play it, the game is great, the storyline is fun, the graphics are quite good for the PS2, and the gameplay is even better than FFX was. If you are a fan of roleplaying/adventure/action games, this is a must-have!

Peace,

Alphadork

No comments: