Saturday, March 17, 2007

BEEP!! BEEP!! BEEP!!

What idiot decided it was a good idea to make a smoke detector beep when you install the battery? One of my detectors was chirping last night to indicate a low battery. This particular detector had been placed on the ceiling in the hallway, so I was standing on a chair to reach it, which got me a little closer than an arm's length away. I didn't think that a big deal at the time. I pulled out the old battery and set to put the new one in. As soon as it made contact, the detector let out three piercing screeches in that wonderfully ill tone only a smoke detector can make. Needless to say, I was not expecting that, so it scared the shit out of me and my ears rang the rest of the evening. So, thanks to whoever made that brilliant decision!

Peace,

Alphadork

No comments: