Thursday, September 21, 2006

This Man Never Fails to Impress Me

Former President Bill Clinton recently stated that he believesthe US should talk to Iran. My personal opinion: this is a good idea. Clinton also says don't send Bush to do it; also a good idea.
"If you think you might have trouble with somebody, and God forbid if you think it could lead to a military confrontation, then there needs to be the maximum amount of contact beforehand," Clinton said in an interview with NBC's "Today" show.

"The United States should not be afraid to talk to anyone. They should not be reluctant and shouldn't have too many conditions," said Clinton.

I guess you can call me dumb, because I just don't get it. When I hear Ahmadinejad speak, I hear pleas for independence and peace; when I hear Bush speak, I hear hypocritical demands (we can have nukes, but you cannot), followed by threats.

I am very afraid that war with Iran will be our "October Suprise." It's the wrong thing to do, but then again, we've become quite lost down the wrong deep dark path over the last six years...

Peace (it's gonna take a lot of work, but it's worth it),

Alphadork

No comments: