Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The End?

What do you do when they tell you it's ending? What do you do when they say the flair is gone? What do you do when they say you're still great friends, but not lovers? What do you do when they tell you it's boring; you're no longer interesting? What do you do when they say we've grown apart?

I realize things I have taken for granted. The friendship, companionship, the love - I thought it would all be there forever. I thought it was a standard around which I could build the rest of my life. While nothing is certain, I have been forced to think about what it may be like without these constants in my life. I can see some good, some bad, but it is impossible to weigh either group. After nearly a decade, it becomes difficult to differentiate good from comfortable.

Maybe it is true that we've grown apart. Perhaps this was inevitable. However, I can't stop thinking that it's because I've grown too complacent, that if I could just rediscover that zeal, the feeling of growing apart would dissapate. Questions without solid answers are so frustrating....

Peace,

Alphadork

No comments: