Friday, February 02, 2007

Cingular or AT&T?

So, Cingular is now the new AT&T, or so they say. As I understand it, thanks to The Daily Show - where I get *almost* all my news - this means that Cingular is changing its name to AT&T.

Why?

Cingular seems so much better to me. The name is unique, the color is unique, the name is known nation-wide, and they have that fun little orange guy. AT&T is old-school (but not classic, fun old-school like the original NES). It conjures up images of anti-trust lawsuits and land line phones (all the kids out there say "land-what? You mean there's another kind of phone? Does it text too?"). Cingular is modern and forward thinking (can anyone say "rollover minutes"?). AT&T is "you're too big for your britches."

I really hope they aren't changing their name. In my opinion, it's a bad move, but I'm no millionaire board member.

Peace,

Alphadork

No comments: