Monday, January 17, 2005

Game time

Well, there's more to me than just the political material I've posted to date. There's so many political sites & blogs out; I feel like I should do more...personalize it (for me, anyway).

So, let's talk games a bit, shall we? Using gift cards, I got myself NCAA Football 2005 (EA Sports) for my PS2. While I'm not the biggest sports fanatic; hell, I'm not even a sports fanatic. I still enjoy them, though; especially when I can play them, like in video games. What makes it even better is EA's Dynasty Mode. Being a Mizzou alum, I enjoy taking my opportunity to make virtual MU outperform the real MU.

Season one was good. I simmed about half the games because I wanted to hurry through to try out the off-season recruiting functions. MU upset #1 Texas and #2 Kansas State and made it to the Independence Bowl to defeat LSU (ranked something like #20). MU ended the season ranked #20 or so.

Season two is off to a great start. MU started the season as #17. After five games undefeated (and ending last season with four straight wins - current streak 9W), including taking out (once again) #1 Texas, MU has moved up to #5. The latest win was over Oklahoma State (#38 nationally), 48-24. Next up is a rivalry game against Iowa State.

No comments: