Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bring 'Em In - A Must-Have

Lately, I have been wanting music, music, and more music. I have received a number of CDs and still haven't listened to them all enough to be familiar, yet I keep finding more and more that I want to get. Anyway, amidst this musical frenzy, one has stood out as one of the most excellent and enjoyable CDs I have ever requested, and it isn't even from the usual collection of alternative & punk:

Bring 'Em In by Buddy Guy. Seriously, give this album some consideration. If you like the Blues, Buddy Guy, or just good music, this is an album worth buying. It has some great new music, some great familiar songs ("Ain't No Sunshine"), and some enjoyable collaborations with Tracy Chapman, John Mayer, and Carlos Santana. It's a quality album that you really will listen to over and over, and has assured me that my blues collection is something I need to grow.

No comments: